Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 4 13 7:17 AM

Tags : :

I have them all thus far...what does everyone think of them?

--------------
"Doesn't thinkin' like that give ya nightmares?"

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 4 13 7:35 AM

I have a digital copy of 10 of them (I promise to buy them (and a region-free Blu-Ray player) when I'll have some money).
I think the good ones are : Fascination, La morte vivante, La nuit des traquées, La vampire nue, Le viol du vampire, Les démoniaques and Les raisins de la mort
And the bad ones : La rose de fer (great colors, but pretty poor quality), Jeunes filles impudiques (I'm wandering if this is really a Blu-Ray, or just a joke), Le frisson des vampires (not so much better than the Encore edition), Lèvres de sang (quality is a little bit worse than the others Blu-rays).

... but I really admire Redemption and Kino Lorber for their amazing work.

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 4 13 9:33 AM

Thanks for the information Martin, I have them all except Zombie Lake but I haven't checked the differences with the Encore releases yet.
I'm convinced the "Jeunes filles impudiques" BR is merely an upscaled transfer of the Danish Another World Entertainment DVD...

(Have a look there)

BTW, the BR are all region-free (I don't know about Zombie Lake though), so hurry up!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 4 13 9:41 AM

Re: The Rollin Blu-rays from Redemption

To be fair to Redemption, La rose de fer has never looked particularly good on dvd - the bd is streets ahead.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Sep 4 13 6:21 PM

I've been quite happy with the majority of them in all honesty.  The Encore editions were mostly impeccable and it is hard to compete with their presentation or extras but I think the new Blu upgrades have all been visually a step up, with Shiver and Lips being the only two where I really can't tell a great difference.  Of the new Blu-rays that hadn't been represented with Encore editions, I was absolutely thrilled with The Iron Rose, as I thought that original US DVD looked horrendous (I can't comment on any international versions).  I also thought The Grapes of Death Blu looked stunning, although I missed the extras from the old release.  Although I agree that the jitter on Jeunes Filles is annoying I still found the Blu to be a big step up from the disastrous DVD that was out in the states previously (again I can't comment on the international release).  Surprisingly I think one of the strongest releases so far has been Zombie Lake.  I still don't like the film but that new transfer is quite incredible.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 6 13 10:35 AM

Can't wait to buy them, just need some money and an import to France (Redemption only ships to USA/Canada).

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help