Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 30 13 8:49 PM

Tags : :

I would like to see a list on this forum of the definitive DVD version of each of his films available. The DVD with the best transfer, the most complete version of the film and the best extras etc. It is hard to know which DVD of his films to get as there are often several different DVD's available.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 31 13 4:30 AM

This is pretty hard to make an exhaustive list, and I'm not very familiar with the different releases of his movies, apart from the Encore editions.

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 21 13 11:17 AM

I can only do it with "Suck me Vampire" :

- VHS release from Alpha Video
- Several VHSrips on the web, pretty easy to find
- And apparently, there is an unofficial copy from the original VHS (Jeremy has one I think)

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 23 13 9:10 AM

Thanks guys, I will do some research to find out about other movies.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Sep 24 13 9:42 AM

Martin

- And apparently, there is an unofficial copy from the original VHS (Jeremy has one I think)

Are there any differences between your rip and the ones that can be found on the web, Jeremy? It seems to me that they all come from the same source!

Anyway, since Drawward wanted to know which were the best DVD releases, Martin gave very interesting information on the differences between the Kino Lorber/Redemption BR's and the Encore DVD's here:

http://thejeanrollinexperienceforum.yuku.com/sreply/189/The-Rollin-Blurays-from-Redemption

You can also have a look at DVD Beaver :

Les démoniaques

Lèvres de sang

Requiem pour un vampire

La morte vivante

La vampire nue

La rose de fer

Le viol du vampire

All in all, I don't think there is a definitive version: most BR's seem to have a better picture but less extras. So the best thing is to get both releases!  image

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Sep 25 13 9:16 AM

"Martin gave very interesting information"
Thanks Valor !

@Drawward : if you're only into the movies, picking up the BRs would be the best solution.
If you like extras, I advise you to take the Encore DVD editions, but they didn't release important films like "Fascination".

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 25 13 9:18 AM

Valor 
Martin

Are there any differences between your rip and the ones that can be found on the web, Jeremy? It seems to me that they all come from the same source!

Absolutely no difference. I have a shitty digital rip from the Alpha VHS.
Anyway, I don't think this "movie" deserves a better release.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help