Remove this ad

Lead

Aug 29 13 2:52 PM

Tags : :

Hi everybody and thanks Jeremy for this brilliant idea!

I'm from Paris, France and I mainly contribute to a website dedicated to genre films called Psychovision and to a videotape database called VHSdb where you can find a Jean Rollin selection. (BTW Jeremy, the links you kindly posted on your blog are dead since we had to change from ".com" to ".org").

I had the pleasure of meeting Jean eight times and I -briefly- interviewed him twice for Psychovision. (See here and there.)

Last time I saw him was at Hors-Circuits less than a month before his demise when he literally escaped from the hospital to meet his friends and fans! He was very weak and told us it would probably be the last time we would see him. And it was...  

Finally, I went to the private sales his son Serge organised one year later and although it was a bit weird to go through Jean's personal possessions, I'm glad I could save some from the bin!
Some of the things that were bought that day are on display here.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Aug 30 13 2:34 AM

Welcome man ! I am from France too :)

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 30 13 2:49 AM

Hey Valor!  So great to have you here, I was hoping you would join up!  Thanks for those kind words and for those great links.  I will get those links updated over at Fascination for you.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help