Lead

Aug 27 13 6:52 AM

Tags : :

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 29 13 9:17 AM

My favorite Rollin ever. An absolute masterpiece with probably the best actors Rollin had ever employed.
Criminally underrated by the mainstream "critics".

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Aug 29 13 12:04 PM

Re: Le frisson des vampires (The Shiver of the Vampires) 1971

Agreed and my favorite along with The Iron Rose and Night if the Hunted.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Yuku app

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 29 13 2:28 PM

This is definitely in my top five of Rollin favorites, only just below REQUIEM for me; it really shows Rollin at his colorful and morbid best. I love the part when Dominique suddenly parts those curtains at the head of the bed, accompanied by a clap of thunder. That really makes you jump! 

Cool poster at the top of this thread, BTW. I don't think I've ever seen it before.

--------------
"Doesn't thinkin' like that give ya nightmares?"

Last Edited By: Ron Prescott Aug 29 13 2:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 31 13 11:42 AM

Ron Prescott wrote:

Cool poster at the top of this thread, BTW. I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Yeah but I really like the Druillet one too:

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Sep 3 13 10:22 AM

Ron Prescott wrote:
This is definitely in my top five of Rollin favorites, only just below REQUIEM for me; it really shows Rollin at his colorful and morbid best. I love the part when Dominique suddenly parts those curtains at the head of the bed, accompanied by a clap of thunder. That really makes you jump! 

There's an image of it in the booklet of the Finders Keepers soundtrack, and I've seen it reproduced on a t-shirt; but I've never seen one come up for sale

-------
Richard

www.lovelockandload.com - euro cult movie goodness

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Sep 4 13 1:12 PM

Ron Prescott wrote:

I have it as a two-sheet pressbook. Don't know whether it was ever released as a poster...

Last Edited By: Valor Sep 4 13 1:26 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 5 13 9:23 AM

Valor wrote:
Ron Prescott wrote:

I have it as a two-sheet pressbook. Don't know whether it was ever released as a poster...

Ah.... that would explain why I've never seen a poster with that design. Fupid stucker that I am...

-------
Richard

www.lovelockandload.com - euro cult movie goodness

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 6 13 2:53 PM

OK! I'm scanning it right now and I realise it's more likely to be a one-sheet that's been folded in the middle... What's strange is that it's twice the size of an usual French one-sheet: 40 X 27.7 cm (approx. 16 X 11 inches)...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help