Remove this ad

Lead

Sep 12 13 3:15 AM

Tags : :

Hi JRichey I just wanted to give you my personal thoughts on the forum guidelines.

JRicheyWelcome to Fascination:  The Jean Rollin Experience Message Board. 
Please review the following few guidelines and rules before posting:

1.  Please be respectful of all other members.  While different opinions and viewpoints are very welcome, keep it civil.  Anyone who is abusive to another member will be given one warning and then banned if the behavior continues. 
2.  Links to rare films, articles and scans are allowed but just make sure that they are NOT currently commercially available.  Anyone who posts a link to a commonly available title that is not currently out of print, or hard to come by, will be given a warning and then banned if another violation occurs. 
3.  If you are posting text from an external article or website please credit the original source with, at the very least, a mention and preferably a link.  Anyone claiming authorship to material that is not their own will be banned without warning.

1. This rule is really important to me. I want this forum to be a safe place for all people where diversity is acknowledged and people aren't shamed into silence. I have been exposed to a few feminist blogs on the internet where this has to be policed because of the way people behave on the internet towards women. I guess i'm worried about whether this rule is clear enough.

2. I really feel there should be a list of material that will get you banned otherwise its a bit unfair. Not everyone will have the same knowledge of Jean Rollin nor can everyone afford to be a collector. If you are new to Rollin you might not be aware. I for example have no idea what would be considered commercially available Its been ages since I looked on Amazon. 

Also I think the first rule should be: 18 years and over only to join this forum. Finally I think the two strike ban is a bit excessive I had a bit of a look around and the rule of thumb is a three strike ban.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 12 13 6:00 AM

Hey Draw,
Thank you for the excellent suggestions.  I drafted those out pretty quickly when I opened the forum and have been meaning to tinker with them some more. The most important ones to me are absolutely the top two.  The Internet can bring out some real trolls and I hate seeing people abused on message boards and in comments so that will never be tolerated here.  Also, I will make rule number two clearer.
As for the 18 and over issue.  I don't believe there is an absolute way to police this but I will make that one of the rules (as I think it is important) and I might make the 'Collaborators" section part of the members only category.
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Sep 13 13 8:43 AM

I am not 18 yet guys, but soon. Anyway, in France, restrictions are less high concerning X-rated movies (they are allowed to 16 and over).
So I think this 18 and over only rule is a bit too excessive.

... also, please don't kick me, I'm a mature person, not an stupid teenager.

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Last Edited By: Martin Sep 13 13 9:07 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Sep 13 13 9:12 AM

Hey Martin! The French -16 restriction only applies to softcore films not to hardcore ones!

So please, go to your bedroom now ! (preferably with someone) image

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Sep 13 13 9:18 AM

Come on guys, I know what a hardcore movie is like anyway.
I'm not like these rap-fans teenagers, immature and making fun of the others.
And I really love Rollin too.

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Sep 13 13 9:53 AM

Re: Review of the guidelines

I think a good rule of thumb here is to not share any overly sexually explicit imagery on the forum (penetration etc). Nudity is fine but hardcore material being shared should only be done via links witj a warning. Hopefully that makes sense. By the way everything on the forum is fine. All I have seen posted picture wise is nudigy, which is fine, and nobody is getting banned. As for the 18 and older rule. Again I cannot police this, and I realize different areas have dIfferent limits. It is just a basic disclaimer letting folks know that some posts might have nudity. Again, we are all cool and Martin you are considered an adult in France so all is fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Yuku app

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Sep 13 13 9:53 AM

Oh OK, sorry, I'm a bit stressed these days. I hate high school. :)

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Sep 13 13 9:54 AM

Martin...looks like we were posting at the same time so make sure you see my above post. We are all good!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Sep 13 13 9:55 AM

Thanks Jeremy.
For me, hardcore material is OK, but I understand if you don't want to share some adult links without warnings.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 13 13 10:00 AM

Cool. Again posting links to the Gentil Xavier films is fine. Just include a little disclaimer for folks who might not be aware they hard. Basic nudity is fine and welcome...Jean would have wanted it that way!:smile_20_melong:

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 14 13 1:24 AM

Hi Jeremy, I've had a think and I think I worried a bit to much about it all. I do believe it's important to discuss the place of explicit material in this forum and get an idea of where people stand. I feel you have been very even handed with your approach to this forum and that is the right thing to do. Rather than going overboard. I think having a bit of leeway with the R18 material is probably OK. My thinking for the explicit material was really to give people a choice not to be exposed to it, rather than policing who can and can't see it. I think Jeremy giving people a heads up about more explicit content and to not posting hardcore images directly to the board are both really good ideas as well.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Sep 14 13 3:14 AM

Thanks Draw, I appreciate that and I appreciate your suggestions.  I am new to this so it is a definite learning experience.  I have updated the rules with this:

4.  This forum may contain nudity and links to adult material.  If this kind of material offends you, or if you are not allowed to view it, please do not visit this page. 

I believe that addresses the issue probably as best as we can.  It gives folks a warning up front and I think if we all just follow the rule of nudity is okay but links only to more explicit material all should be just fine.

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help