Remove this ad

Lead

Nov 1 13 7:04 AM

Tags : :

So here's something pretty strange I discovered today...

I happened to be comparing prices for a few blu-ray discs at different sites, and stumbled upon the following pre-order page at bluraysforeveryone.com, listing a forthcoming Redemption release of "Nude For Satan".... with cover art declaring it to be part of the "Cinema of Jean Rollin" line!

http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/store?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=11768&category_id=12

Surely some mistake, right? I mean, I actually like "Nude For Satan" a lot, but it's a 1974 Italian film directed by Luigi Batzella that has no connection to Jean Rollin whatsoever, as far as I know.
As it's not been announced anywhere else(?), could this cover art be some kind of bungled effort that Kino/Redemption sent out to distributors and then immediately withdrew when someone pointed out this embarrassing mistake..?

Or, could it instead be a particularly confusing retitling of a lesser-known Rollin adult film..? Or are Redemption starting to consider putting Rollin's name on the packaging of movies that are simply "kind of a bit like" Rollin films? Or IS there actually some previously unknown connection between Rollin and "Nude For Satan"?
Or, well... WHAT THE HELL, basically?

Your thoughts please.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 1 13 8:27 AM

I'm sure it's a mistake. Probably the immediately withdrawn bungled effort scenario. Kino is working on this title, but it got pushed back until (probably at least) mid-2014. Difficult film to deal with because of the format it was shot on (printed sideways or somesuch) and the hardcore inserts which were part of the original release.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Nov 1 13 9:00 AM

Yeah, that was my best guess too after I thought about it for a few minutes. Panic over, etc.

I guess someone at Redemption just knocked up some placeholder artwork with the same template used for the Rollin releases, and forgot to remove the text or something..? A nice reminder of how incredibly sloppy Redemption's presentation can be, after the relatively up-market look of their Kino collaborations... ; )

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Nov 2 13 1:06 PM

I almost had a heart attack reading the title of the topic. I was so disappointed when I read your messages, I thought a previously unreleased hidden Rollin was found, because I never heard of Luigi Batzella.

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help