Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 16 13 3:59 AM

Tags : :

I have to admit that I am not crazy about the figure but I will absolutely order this out of support.  I do love the box and the film-strip is a really nice touch.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 16 13 6:16 AM

The likeness is a little disappointing, but the box is pretty cool.  We can only hope that one day they'll do some figures of actual characters from his films.

--------------
"Doesn't thinkin' like that give ya nightmares?"

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Oct 19 13 11:14 PM

My apologies, Mr. Richie, for posting in the General Forum Announcements on this topic.  I just wasn't thinking straight after I had a glance at the Rollin bobbly statue.  Been waiting to see it for a long time and was pretty disappointed at the final product.  I'll try to pay better attention next time when posting.  Still feel the same about this figure though.  It looks more like Leonardo Dicaprio than Jean Rollin.  

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 19 13 11:32 PM

... but the box is awesome.

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Nov 1 13 1:40 PM

I posted this elsewhere but will repost it here....

Thanks for your comments. I put a lot of time, effort and money into making these figures so I tend to take criticisms a little bit personally.... you are correct that this is a niche item... therefore sales for this figure will be minimal at best which is why I only made 250, the minimum allowed by my manufacturer. I get dozens of requests of what I should be making all the time, but if only a dozen people order it, how do I financially continue to make figures? I would love to make a Jess Franco figure and all the other random suggestions, but it honestly sometimes feels like people spend more time commenting on what is not being done, than supporting what really is. As it stands, this figure is my most expensive per unit and when it's all said and done and the figures are all sold and the family is paid (this is a official item and money does go to the family), I'll be lucky if I can buy a couple of blu-rays for myself. I had a great deal of ideas for this figure that would have made the figure truly amazing (box and figure) but would you be willing to pay $30-$50 plus shipping for this in order to make that happen? Also, this is not a statue, it's a bobblehead and while some might think they are cheesy, I find them to be a fun way to pay tribute to many things that aren't being paid tribute to... fun yet respectful and I work hard to make them the most realistic and as far from cheesy as I can... but there are also limits to the format and materials.

Ultimately, I hope there are about 200 people out there who will enjoy and appreciate this figure. He is standing in front of me on my desk right now.... and I can't help but smile and remember all my interactions with him since the mid 90's... my favorite being his faxed complaints to me about his fax machine waking him up at night when I was sending him a fax due to the time difference. Jean was always gracious and friendly with me in all aspects of whatever I was doing with or for him and I am honored that his family would trust me to be the one to create something of this nature in his honor.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Nov 2 13 3:28 AM

Hey Mark,
Thanks for joining the forum and thanks for all your hard work on this,  I certainly hope that no one here, myself included, caused any offence to you as that certainly wasn't the intention.  We appreciate all the time and expense that went into this and wish you all the best of luck and success with it.  I will be ordering mine in the next week or so and can't wait to get it.  Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 2 13 1:08 PM

Hi Mark, and yes, nobody wanted to cause any offence to you.
Thanks for your work :)

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Nov 14 13 9:31 AM

I received the Rollin figure in the mail today and I am very pleased with it.  It's very sturdy, well-made and the box, film strip and card are all very nice.  Here is a shot of mine in its new home on one of my Rollin shelves.  Thanks to Mark for all the hard work put into this. It is a really nice piece.  One question, is there a way for fans to get the other trading cards in the series???  Mine is marked number 7 and I would love to have them all for my collection.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Nov 14 13 11:02 AM

The one I received has a shot of the head on one side and the photo from which it is based on the other.  I would love to see what the others look like.  The two film strips are from Grapes of Death btw...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help