Aug 27 13 5:42 AM

Tags : :

Last Edited By: JRichey Aug 30 13 11:54 AM. Edited 2 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Aug 30 13 2:33 AM

I really like this movie. To me, it's his best film since "La morte vivante".

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 30 13 2:45 AM

I like the film as well.  I really, really hope that Kino/Redemption pick Rollin's final two films up for U.S. release eventually as part of their collection.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 30 13 4:59 AM

Both this and La fiancée de Dracula [which are the only two films of this period I've seen] seem to me to be more personal and introspective than many of his other films. Its like you are delving deep into his own private universe and I haven't quite learned the language to 'read' these two films yet.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 30 13 5:36 AM

I must admit that I consider "Les deux orphelines vampires" and "La fiancée de Dracula" as some of the worst films Rollin directed. I don't really the modern aspect of it.
"La nuit des horloges" is pretty good but hard to understand.
And "Le masque de la méduse" is great.

Not a very good period.

"Si demain, elle n'est toujours pas revenue, j'avertirai le maire, et nous ferons une battue"

- Youri Radionow, in "Le lac des morts-vivants"

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 30 13 5:50 AM

Re: Le masque de la Méduse (The Mask of Medusa) 2010

I quite like Two Orphan Vampires, although it is very flawed. Fiancee is one I need to revisit but I do remember thinking it is among his weakest.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Yuku app

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 30 13 10:29 AM

Er... Jeremy, could you please change that poster? Actually, I made it for the review I wrote after the premiere since there was none at the time. It originally had a "Psychovision" tag but it was reframed and used on several websites...

Véronique D Travers has made one since, so here's the official poster for that film, as can be seen on the producer's website Insolence Productions :

BTW, another website called "ecranlarge" also made their own poster (after I asked them to remove mine) so theirs is another fake :

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 30 13 10:47 AM

Re: Le masque de la Méduse (The Mask of Medusa) 2010

Absolutely! Sorry about that. I will change it when i get home.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Yuku app

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help